Looks like you're outside of Australia, would you like to:
In 2016, the Ampersand Prize will be open to young adult and middle-grade novels across all genres. To be eligible for the Ampersand Prize, writers should not have already published a novel for these audiences with a trade publisher anywhere in the world.
A complete submission must include the following three items, in .DOC or .PDF format:
1. A cover sheet, with the following information:
- Author name
- Project title
- Word count
- Two-sentence pitch of your novel
- A short author bio
2. A one-page synopsis, that presents a clear indication of the key plot points and character development. And YES, you have to give away the ending!
3. Your full manuscript, formatted as follows:
- A4 page-size in a 10 to 12-point readable typeface (think Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri, Cambria, etc) and double-spacing.
- Include page numbers.
- Include the title of your manuscript in the header or footer of your document.
Submissions may be attached as three separate documents or one combined document.
In 2016, submissions will be open from the 1st to the 16th September. No submissions will be accepted before or after this time.
Writers should send their submissions to email@example.com.